Wednesday, July 7, 2010

In my best days...

Anyone’s childhood days are best days I believe, I am born in my grand mother’s village Thungathurthi near small town Suriyapet in Andhra Pradesh state in INDIA. My native village Gorentla is just 10 kms from it. I lived there when I was very young. I remember it’s an hour travel in bullock cart form my grand mother home to my home, I blush when I remember my innocence in surprising to see the clouds touching the road at a distance and eagerness to reach it to take them into my pretty little hands. Those wells, farms, groomed banyan trees (our national tree, how many you find now-a-days), palm fruits & kallu తాటి కల్లు. The time I spent there is best so far in my life. I studied in Christian convent school in town, but for every holiday I used to go back.

I remember when I was around six years old in my native home backyard in that village, their used be a cattle shed with few buffalos, bulls and ox tied to the pillars & the baby buffalo moving around them and green bushes and plants allover with wet soil fragrance everywhere. I and my sister were playing in and around the shed, suddenly from my fantasy of prince I felt like riding a buffalo. I request my sis to get me onto one, after crying she managed me to get onto one big size calf. For a moment I felt myself like a prince in “Chandhamama” stories riding horse. After few steps that calf felt enough for me and tilled me aside in to pit in processes of sitting, unfortunately it was the pit dug for newly constructing lavatory. My parents had rushed to pit after hearing my loud cry and got me out & my poor sis got some shunting for my mistake. Normally in families any time elders are punished and I’m already punished in the pit.

Here I would simply start saying globalization has change the face of ones living style to large extent, Now I do job in big metro in the country and stay in community flats, I feel how much this generation kids miss nature in their life.

How many times in a day will they see a real groomed trees except on occasional visit to some zoo park, and how many time will they climb a tree in their childhood.

Will they know how actually swimming is useful and how it is learned without a paid coach? They know ‘Wells’ only when they see the picture of ‘well’ in the alphabetical chart to pronounce letter ‘W’. I’m not surprised even if this generation kids don’t know the water beyond the tap in the house or in a community swimming pool.

How can they enjoy running along the mud roads with a tapping cycle tire till the end, except walking lonely never ending tar roads.

With technology or modern life style people still find their happiness in their living rooms, balconies and in gated community with swimming pool, lawns and tennis courts. But these new generation kids never know what actually the nature is beyond these concrete jungles. At least they feel it sometime watching Animal planet or NG channels.

Now I miss my young days of more innocence and less aggressive against nature.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ramu! The template is pleasing. I could picturise all you have said. I was not fortunate like you to ride a buffalo :-) I agree with you regarding the future generation kids who will miss all the fun and experience from a village life. The hay stack in the photo reminds me of my village and the paddy fields. Well narrated. Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi raaa ramu. We have experianced the real village life but cant hope our children or this generation children will be getting the chance to live the life we had.All the things we experienced will become bedtime stories for our children i think....good pics dear. you should have added you experiences in our school days also that would be the best. you sleeping in the study hours and getting pinched by the incharge and specially the expression and words you say at the time u get pinched or banged.. do u remeber what you say.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! ra rajender, those school days are also most memorable days, i remember many enjoyable, funny, cherish-able moments. I will post soon on that also :)

    ReplyDelete